Monday, July 7, 2014

[makeit] Toddler Snack - Homemade Cracker - The easiest version


Today, I will keep up with Toddler Snack series because I think I should save those recipes that I may need in the future. The best way is to make it at least once to know the way then I can get the idea for next time making it.
About the toddler snack, as you know, those homemade food are better than store-bought ones. Moreover, the idea of making the food look more interest and more delicious than the store-bought ones can help our kids stop staring at other babies's food when we are out of home (you know the situation!)
I have changed a bit about the original recipe from tastykitchen . I omitted the salt due to my little boy appetite (He doesn't like any thing that taste too salty, and I think in this recipe the salty taste from cheese is enough for him). And I make 1/4 the original recipe because I don't have big food processor, so I decided to make a small batch first.
Here is the adapted recipe.
So, let's make it!

Homemade Goldhand Cracker



Ingredients:
15g ............................. butter - cut into cubes
1/4 cup........................ all-purpose flour
57g ............................. shredded cheese
1 1/2 tsp ..................... cold water

Cutter.......................... small hand which I bought from Hobby Lobby in Clay section

Make the Crackers:
Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.

Pulse in water.

Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 10 minutes. 

Roll the dough and cut into desired shapes. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degree F for about15 minutes, or until crispy.

Hope you have great time making it!
Happy Baking
Huong Tran

No comments:

Post a Comment